We're an organization deeply rooted in our local communities. For 34 years, we have relied on volunteers from across the southwest suburbs of Chicago — Homewood, Palos Hills, Romeoville, and many neighboring towns — to play highly valued roles in our day-to-day operations.
At every step of our development and expansion as a nonprofit, healthcare organization, our volunteer staff have stood shoulder to shoulder with our professional staff making sure that every detail of the things that we do — in the clinics, at events, in our marketing, for our facilities — get done professionally, on time, and with a friendly smile.
The Speech and Hearing Center is a great place to volunteer
- Experience — 32 years of it providing communication healthcare to the southwest suburbs
- Fit — we'll find a position that takes advantage of your unique skills
- Teamwork — we believe that strong teams can move mountains
- Locations — we're just around the corner in Homewood, Palos Hills, and Romeoville
- Office — filling, copying, updating marquees, many other office functions
- Computer — data entry, database administration, file scanning
- Maintenance — pait touch-ups, spring cleaning...light, office-based work
- Marketing — mailings, public-relations updates, inventory
- Bingo — weekly event (Tuesdays) at the Oremus Community Center in Bridgeview
- Events — help us prepare and conduct our year-round events
The benefits of volunteering at The Speech and Hearing Center are many. For instance
- Always at the top of the list when we survey our volunteers, the satisfaction of helping others
- Share your talents with people who have similar motivation to yours
- Expand your social network and community connections
- Gain a strong sense of being productive — because you are
- Enjoy the events you helped us prepare for at no charge
- And finally, receive recognition for your contributions throughout the year and at our thank-you luncheon during the holiday season
How to apply
- If you're ready to apply, go to Downloads and click on, Volunteer Application.pdf.
- After you have filled it out, you can either mail it to: The Speech and Hearing Center,
10409 S Roberts Rd, Palos Hills, IL 60465. Or you can drop it off at one of our three office locations.
- After receiving your application, we'll get in touch with you to discuss the opportunities available to you.
If you'd like to serve your community in ways that are compatible with your skills, please consider joining our team of volunteers. Everyday, we're working hard to improve the lives of people in your community, and with your help, we'll only do better.
➤ For a PDF of the information on this page, go to Downloads and click, Volunteer at Sertoma Brief.pdf.